To be a leading and vibrant centre of excellence in sustainable agriculture, food, nutrition and environmental sciences and stewardship.
To maintain a leadership role in the pursuit of knowledge through relevant and quality research, teaching, training for sustainable development, consultancy and outreach and to contribute to increased human resources, agricultural productivity, agri-business development, poverty reduction, and food security using environmentally sustainable technologies.
The Faculty of Agriculture operates within certain treasured beliefs, which have contributed to its success. The Faculty endeavours to:
· Uphold the virtues of integrity, honesty, meritocracy and fair play in all activities
· Carry out duties with commitment, dedication and professionalism
· Create and maintain a sense of belonging and collective responsibility
· Build teamwork and strong partnerships with all stakeholders
· Promote evidence-based policy processes in food and nutrition, agriculture and environment
· Foster a strong and committed sense of social responsibility and citizenship
· Embrace innovativeness, independence of mind and pro-activeness
· Develop morally and ethically upright professionals