Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates.
The objective of the program is to prepare young graduates with skills on ICT operations, gain workplace experience, refine career goals and build beneficial networks in the areas of Network & infrastructure, Applications development, Graphics & Design, Information Security, Research & Innovation and Project management to enhance employability and self-reliance in the ICT sector. .
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years from 2019 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering - The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Graphics & Design, Information Security and Project Management. Depending on the core area, the applicants may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Must be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age and unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on full time from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from the ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online; no paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Applicant should submit the correct information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must attach all required documents (Copy Kenya National ID ,Passport Size Photo ,KCSE certificate ,Degree Certificate ,Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Should be willing to be deployed in government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months
- Should have demonstrate passion for ICT
The 2021-22 call for applications targets Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) Cohort VI intake
Application Deadline: Sept. 6, 2021